Sunday, July 12, 2015

Suggested readings for July 12, 2015

Food for thought … please read and digest carefully … Share if you wish, either this blog posting or any of the individual articles. I say this because that is how ideas spread, by individuals sharing their thoughts with others. And if one shares with two who each share with two, who in turn each share with two, etc. … it rapidly boggles the mind how that universe expands.

 

If Iran goes nuclear, what are the options? Interesting view point here. One of the possible scenarios has been my nightmare for many years.

Ruby Slippers Reward - my bet is that person who has them wouldn't take a lot more than $1mil for them ... and he or she keeps them real close.

Greece should sue the bank that helped Greece to hide debt - I suppose there is some liability there for Goldman-Sachs ... in that they were perpetrating a fraud against the EU members ...but for Greece to sue? Strikes me as something the Europeans would think of ... helping someone maintain their addiction to money is wrong and the addict bears no responsibility for their habit .... NOT

Burning Obama in effigy ... yeah, I suppose you can make a deal with a lynch mob.

Iranians chanting death to America ... in case you really think the Iranian government is just going stop researching an A-bomb.

Puerto Rico a state? I don't have a problem with that, other than it will give the Democrats three to five more seats or so in Congress. Having said that, this is less about representation and more about getting benefits for Puerto Ricans ... that I do have a problem with. It would seem that with all the places the Democrats are in control, you would think you would find one success of a social program that has come in on time and under budget.

Russia's Weimar Dilemma - Food for thought ... and an interesting and hopeful article.

Henry V's speech to the troops ... Billy Shakespeare ... you done good putting these words in the mouth of an English king.

Atheists steal concept of rights - Eh-yup ... pretty much true. I know atheists and humanists can't come to grips with why any God (singular) would allow bad things to good people ... I keep telling them what this article says (I thought this long before I read the piece, like maybe 60 years). God "lets" evil and bad things happen to teach us what evil and bad things are. Humans being rather slow on the pick up times, you have to do a show-and-tell sometimes to get them to understand. It is not in our DNA, folks, it is in our experience.

On the Wrong Side of God, Evolution and Humanity - another treatise on God and rights and who grants what. Food for thought ... you really ought to consider it.

For those who think man's efforts really are either contributing to or will stop global climate change ... consider this. Think, this could very well happen tomorrow, or next week, or next month or next year or even years from now ... do really think humans are just as powerful as volcanoes.

Secrets of Disneyland at 60 ... sigh, the original Disneyland ... really one of my most favorite places (despite being the site of so many mixed memories in my love life). It truly can be a "Magic Kingdom", although it has been almost 45 years since I last visited it. I did go to Disney World a few times (really, I like DL more that DW)

Obama: Incompetence and Corruption - I will let this commentary stand on its own merits - which are legend. How Americans can dismiss this and ignore it is beyound my ken.

No comments: