Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fairy tales?

Real Life Sleeping Beauties

What was that song that Frank Sinatra used to sing about fairy tales.  Sinatra sings Young at Heart 

Well, it seems that some young ladies and young men in the Ukraine are feeling very young at heart … or at least they believe in the Sleepy Beauty fairy tale.

Tale of Sleeping Beauty

There must be an awful lot of hopeless romantics out there (shyly raising my hand because I prefer the Disney version) because this deal in the art museum in Kiev, Ukraine, has got to be out there. I mean who would sign a contract pledging to marry someone based on a kiss while they are allegedly asleep … and who would sign a contract pledging to marry someone if your kiss woke them up. I can see all sorts of problems here.

But, as Frank says, fairy tales can come true; they can happen to you; if … well, if you want to believe.

I hope these young people find their fairy tales coming true. I guess it is little different that the reality series in the U.S. called The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. I really am not sure I would want my “courtship” played out before television cameras. It would rather freak me out, to tell the truth. But that is because I am not the most suave and debonair person that you are going to see (far from it) although I am quite romantic in my own way (I think, you need to ask my beautiful, wonderful, talented and special wife if that really is true, however).

Anyway, who says fairy tales can’t come true? Just look at any political campaign in the US.

No comments: