Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Interesting discussion

Linkedin discussion on the NSA brouhaha.

 

I have been involved in an interesting discussion over at Linkedin that those who follow me might want to take a look at.

I am explaining, from my point of view, to a non-American why I think the NSA thing really is more a tempest in a teapot than some real major crisis.

Summary: First, the NSA ain’t alone in the dock here, folks … or at least shouldn’t be … and the others are not being put in the dock.

Second: What the NSA is doing is little more than what internet service providers and social media providers, as well as credit card companies, telcos, and just about everybody else has been doing (like credit bureaus) in scooping  up personal information on individuals everywhere.

Third: You ain’t gonna be able to stop it, much less really control it. Look at the health record sharing plans … nope folks, welcome to the Brave New World.

No comments: