Saturday, October 6, 2012

Only in America

Billy Krystal on Letterman as Romney

It is one of the things I absolutely love about being an American: Being able to mock and parody people – especially public figures like political candidates – with virtual impunity.

Billy Krystal, who is a very funny comedic actor, just leaves me in stitches all the time and he doesn’t fail here in his appearance on the late night TV show with David Letterman.

Now, I know that Letterman supports President Obama, as does Krystal, and that doesn’t bother me at all. It bothers me that Letterman seems so upset that his entertainment show apparently will not be a campaign stop for the Romney campaign bus. Get real, man, you obviously are hostile, so why go there?

Still, I think Krystal is a gem and this was absolutely hilarious. Besides, there is an element of truth to it, which is what makes parody and satire so effective.

No comments: