Monday, September 3, 2007

Random Thoughts 8

Sen. Larry Craig.


I don't know what to make of his case. OK, he did plead guilty to disturbing public order, but did he?

I sure has heck don't know, but it bothers me that apparently he is being coerced to resign by a spiteful opposition party and the main stream press. I suppose that had Craig been a Democrat instead of a Republican, that the media would have jumped on this just as hard ... I mean they jumped on the Democratic rep who allegedly got hostile at the National Airport baggage claim area, well sort of did. Of course, he allegedly assaulted a airline worker, and that does, sort of might be, cross the line ... but then nobody called for his resignation.

I guess the issue is that Craig is a hypocrite for being an outspoken opponent to special privileges and rights for gays while being a closet gay person himself .... or is he?

Again, I don't know. Haven't a clue ... but I do know the next time I am in the Minneapolis airport ... or any airport ... or rest area ... or any public rest room ... I ain't gonna wiggle my toes no way, no how.

Hell, I didn't know that was a signal to the person in the next stall that you were soliciting for an illicit homosexual liaison. I am not sure I know anyone who would have had a clue it was. Well, the young adults might, because they usually are plugged into the latest language variations, i.e. slang terms and signals.

It does bother me that nothing apparently was said other than the toe wiggling, that to me seems like the basis for an extremely thin case and one that was wont for abuse of police authority.

And it also bothers me that the Democrats are dumping on this issue so vehemently ... shouldn't they be standing up for the senator's rights as a gay person, since gays make a major constituent group for the party? It just strikes me as being a mite bit hypocritical and more than mite bit peevish.
Anyway ... I think if all the hypocrites in public offices in Washington were forced to resign and leave town tomorrow ... a great hush would fall over the city.

4 comments:

Head Cookie said...

LOL yeah I think it would be awful quiet if all the hypocrites had to resign. Those bathroom clues there of wiggling toes has to be one of the wierdest things I have ever heard. But didn't his toes do more than wiggle didn't he actually extend his foot under the stall and actually touch the other guys foot? Too wierd ewwww

Anonymous said...

I would certainly hope that the last one out turned off the lights... be a shame to waste all that electricity for empty buildings.

-- Michael

Darlin_Jo said...

I have to agree with you on every point here Rich. I had heard about the toe wriggling (I have many gay friends) but still, no words were exchanged. That to me is like you said, a pretty thin case.

~Darlin~

Magdalen Islands said...

American Politics! Who would have thunk it. Sorry that I'm not up to pare on this one Mr. Rich, but I respect that you are..., I think. Wiggling toes!!!