Sunday, April 22, 2012

Please define “Special Interest” group

I find it interesting when various and sundry groups start attacking “special interest” groups. Please tell me what a special interest group is - other than a group of people who don’t look like you, talk like you, or they do things differently than you do, believe in things that you don’t … in other words, people who are different than you. Since we all are individuals, it would logically follow that we all qualify as special interests.

If a group of people with similar interests/complaints/situations have talking points, or hire someone to advocate for their position, is that wrong? When did that happen?

For the record: We all are members of  special interest groups, just different ones.

I used to say that I belonged to the one special interest group you could attack with just about impunity and my group could do nothing about it: WASPCEVMAMP  (you figure it out)

No comments: