Friday, September 16, 2011

War is not an Option

Saw a bumper sticker on a recent travel: WAR IS NOT AN OPTION and the thought immediately jumped into my mind: Yes, but sadly sometimes it is the only alternative available.

Would that it were true, but unfortunately, human nature being such as it is, war,violence, death, destruction, all are sometimes the only alternative we have if we wish to remain at liberty and live our lives as we have chosen. Of course, we could chose to surrender our liberties …. we could choose to die quietly or be slaves, but that would not be my choice.

If there are those who have sworn to see my death as well as those who I care for or to those who believe as I do in the dignity of the individual above all, then I will fight them … on any and all levels of conflict.

1 comment:

Michael said...

"Of course, we could chose to surrender our liberties …. we could choose to die quietly or be slaves, but that would not be my choice."

Couldn't agree with you more, Rich.